Sunday, February 21, 2021

Breakfast Ideas

I have to thank my mother and grandmother for inculcating the good habit of eating breakfast every day since young. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it replenishes the nutrients after the body is rested over the night. It helps to restart the body engine and makes one more alert and energetic for the day. I enjoy my breakfast with a cup of black coffee, no sugar and no milk. This gets me going and makes me alert in my job and now, recipe creation.

I started the habit of letting my phone camera eats my food before me when I started to make my own breakfasts at home. It started with store bought bread with homemade or store bought spreads or toppings. Then I started baking my own bread. Over time, we know the importance of consuming lesser processed food and hence I try to cook a lot using fresh ingredients instead of using bottled or canned food whenever possible. 

Bread and Butter Pudding

About 10 years ago when cafe-hopping culture was on a high, we enjoyed doing that on weekends. But after seeing similar types of food in different cafes and after holes started to emerge in our pockets, we started to replicate cafe style breakfasts at home. On normal working days, breakfasts can be scrambled eggs, various savoury sandwiches, fruit sandwiches, granola, chia seeds pudding, etc. On weekends, I will make waffles, pancakes, cakes, breads and more. It becomes a habit that I enjoy doing for years.   

Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs sandwich

Waffles with fruits


On this blog, I will post more of the breakfasts I make. Today, I will start with one simple recipe that can be done within minutes.


Caramelised Banana with Peanut Butter 'Pizza'

Caramelised Banana with Peanut Butter Pizza

Ingredient

1            Chia seed wrap (or any Tortilla Wrap)
2            Banana
3            Strawberries
20          Blueberries
1 tsp      Butter
1 tsp      Coconut Sugar (or Raw Sugar or White Sugar)
6 tbsp    Unsweetened Peanut Butter 

Instruction

  1. Heat up a pan. Toast the chia seed wrap on the pan for a couple of minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
  2. Slice the banana and strawberries.
  3. Melt butter on the pan. Add the banana slices and sprinkle the coconut sugar.
  4. Cook both sides until they are caramelised (golden brown). Off the heat and set aside.
  5. Spread peanut butter on the chia seed wrap.
  6. Add the caramelised banana, strawberries and blueberries.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment