Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Welcome to My Blog

My hubby has been pestering me to start a blog for a number of years. He has seen me getting frustrated when I can't remember the exact ingredients and steps for some dishes and frantically combing through my scrap books for the bits and pieces of the recipes scribbled in somehow illegible handwriting. I have also always wanted to document as many of the dishes that my mum has cooked since young which we have enjoyed so that we can preserve them and remember how to cook them.

But I have been delaying this project. Time is always the excuse.

Thawed my MacBook Air after a long hiatus

In February 2020, I decided to retire and I left my profession that has kept me very busy and stressed for years. The original plan was to relax, take things easy and travel. But it was also the time that the pandemic took all of us by surprise. Travel is out of the question. Next, Circuit Breaker (lockdown) started. Not only we can't leave the country, we can't leave the house unnecessarily too. Time was on my side then.

We cooked all our 3 meals each day during the lockdown. From cooking homely dishes, hawker dishes, cafe and restaurant style dishes, hacks to dishes to making our own breads, cakes and more. At the same time, I started documenting the recipes for the dishes we have cooked in my Instagram @lingomania2021 (https://www.instagram.com/lingomania2021/). Then we started to shoot short video clips which were uploaded in our Instagram posts and stories. These made following the recipes much easier for us, as well as our followers. Year 2020 became a busy year for us, in a good way.

We reviewed our works and decided to make some improvements to our videos. We started to film the cooking videos in higher quality and properly edit them, with music added. We upload these videos in YouTube and we love how they look in YouTube. Hence, we launched our YouTube channel in January 2021 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0EWHIM-tfrUCouK2uILqTA)

Now, we are starting the next stage, a blog.

Those recipes that we have cooked will be posted here over time, along with our new recipes. Watch this space for recipes that we cook and enjoy.

1 comment: