Monday, March 29, 2021

‘What’s in my lunchbox’ - Soba and Tofu in Miso Broth

My previous post talked about the background of this lunchbox series and I have posted a picture and recipe that I have cooked for myself to bring to work years ago. I hope this series can give some ideas to those who want to cook a simple lunchbox to bring to work.

This new lunchbox series will come with accompanying cooking video. My lunchbox won’t be those pretty looking ones that take lots of time, effort and skill to make but practical ones which I’ve made for myself for years.


Soba and Tofu in Miso Brother 


This Soba and Tofu in Miso Broth lunchbox is one that I often cooked last time. It’s not easy to bring soupy kind of food in a lunchbox, it’s heavy and noodles definitely can’t be soaked in the broth for so many hours. This solves the problem and it’s also easy to cook. This is also, at the same time, healthy and delicious. I have also cooked different variations of this which I will share in future posts.

Ingredients (for 2 pax)

2 bundles Buckwheat soba noodles

1 block      Silken Tofu

1 tbsp       Miso Paste

Spring onion 

Furikake 


Instructions 

  1. Boil a pot of water.
  2. When the water boils, immense the soba in the water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
  3. Transfer the soba to a strainer and retain the water to cook the tofu.
  4. Rinse the soba in the strainer under tap water. This will prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
  5. Pour the soba into the lunchbox.
  6. Cut the silken tofu into cubes and cook in the same pot of hot water for a few minutes.
  7. Strain and add on top of the soba.
  8. Sprinkle some finely chopped spring onion.
  9. Scoop 1 tbsp of miso paste and add on the soba.
  10. Close the lunchbox and pack it in the lunch bag, together a packet of furikake.
  11. Store in the fridge when you reach office. 
  12. When it’s lunch time, boil some water and pour into the lunchbox. 
  13. Then use a pair of chopsticks to stir and dissolve the miso paste. 
  14. Sprinkle some furikake.


And that’s a nice and hot bowl of soba for lunch.


You can watch the cooking video in my YouTube channel.





No comments:

Post a Comment